The future is video-centric, and the future has arrived. It’s no secret that marketing strategies have moved toward fast, easy, and entertaining ways to optimize user-experience. According to Wyzowl statistics, 63% of businesses have started using video content marketing. Out of those, 82% of businesses feel video marketing is an important part of their strategy. Some of you may be wondering if this promotional tool is worth all the hype. Here are 8 reasons why we say YES, it’s worth it!
- Video can increase your conversions and sales. Many people want to watch, first hand, content that shows real people with real goods and services. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer-video about a product subsequently bought it. If you think about it, vision is our most dominant sense, so this isn’t really all that surprising. Consumers will be able to process the information you are telling them more easily while (bonus) making a connection to a product or face of your company.
- There is a huge ROI from video. If you are worried about the investment that video entails, don’t fret. Latest researching shows that content is king, despite video quality! Consumers would rather see quality content via lo-quality videos rather than the other way around. As long as you can explain your message in a clear, authentic manner, your audience will follow along with you whether your video was shot on an old iPhone or the newest video technology out there. Plus, there are plenty of video editing resources on the internet that have become more accessible and affordable as this trend has ramped up over the past couple of years.
- Video Builds trust. Back to the point of authenticity! If your audience hears a genuine message coming directly from the business itself, they will be able to establish a certain level of trust that comes only with human interaction. Trust is the foundation of conversions and sales. On top of that, the more frequently people see your face and your message, the stronger the business-to-consumer relationship becomes.
- Google loves videos. Not only will your consumers love your videos, but Google will too! Google gives “brownie points” to website that utilize the video component. The more interactive content that your site contains, the better Google views your site. In addition to that, videos increase the amount of time spent on your site, which then signals search engines that your site has worthy content.
- Video Appeals to Mobile Users. 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the number of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- Video Marketing Can Explain Everything. 98% of users say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service. Video is a great way to show exactly how something works.
- Video Engages Even the Laziest Buyers. According to Wyzowl, 68% of consumers would prefer watching an explainer video to solve any product related problem. It’s easy to watch a simple video rather than read and comb through paragraphs of words to find your answer. With the hustle and bustle of daily life, the modern customer wants to see your products, services, and personalities in action.
- Video Encourages Social Shares. Most of the popular social media platforms highly promote the use of video for content. Facebook and Instagram have stories, live videos, and YouTube is the second most popular social network in the world. However, you have to keep in mind that social media focuses on a more emotional pull rather than hard facts. People also connect more through their emotions, so be sure that the videos you are putting out are entertaining and encourage social shares.